Arbico Plc Vacancy recruits for the position of an Internal Auditor. Arbico Plc – Founded in 1958, Arbico Plc (Building & Civil Engineering Contractors) is a full service building and civil engineering contracting company quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange since 1978.
Arbico Plc has over the years been involved in the construction of a broad spectrum of projects for Government, Multinational Companies, Industrial Groups, as well as High Net worth Individuals.
Arbico Plc is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Job Description/ Responsibilities
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Report to management about asset utilization and audit results, and recommend changes in operations and financial activities.
- Prepare detailed reports on audit findings.
- Review data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures.
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Prepare, analyze, and verify annual reports, financial statements, and other records, using accepted accounting and statistical procedures to assess financial condition and facilitate financial planning.
- Confer with Executive management about financial and regulatory matters.
- Inspect cash on hand, notes receivable and payable, negotiable securities, and cancelled checks to confirm records are accurate.
- Examine inventory to verify journal and ledger entries.
- Examine records to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Produce up-to-the-minute information, using internal computer systems, to allow management to base decisions on actual, not historical, data.
- Conduct pre-implementation audits to determine if systems and programs under development will work as planned.
- Review taxpayer accounts, and liaise with external auditors and Tax regulatory bodies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Management.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in auditing role
- Have knowledge and experience to conduct risk assessment and compile an internal audit annual plan.
- Knowledge of Financial management systems, accounting policies and standards; tax management, costing accounting etc.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2013
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send their applications including a detailed CV indicating the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail to: email@example.com