Guiness Nigeria Plc, member of Diageo Plc the world’s leading premium drinks recruits for the position of Head of Media and Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC). We operate business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine.We are continuously interested in talented individuals who want to progress their careers and make a difference to our business.
Diageo is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Head of Media and Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC)
Reports To: Marketing and Innovations Director
The Head of Media is tasked with optimising media and marketing communications across all brands and channels and to assist in meeting key marketing and business objectives through cutting-edge integrated marketing communications (IMC) ideas and deployment.
Purpose of Role
Support the Marketing Team in providing the media leadership based on consumer media lifestyle insight, media insights and brands’ strategic direction.
- Support & direct brand teams as they develop media briefs and allocate resources across channels.
- Set strategic direction and thought leadership for media campaigns
- Develop new capabilities within the media team on the Agency side and particularly in new/digital media
- Provide guidance and support to global media community on periodic data requests in the following areas-Communication evaluation, post campaign evaluation, competitive reporting etc.
- Initiate and lead media projects resulting in cost efficiencies & effectiveness to achieve set Media Productivity targets across portfolio
- Identify and deploy unconventional media opportunities and big bets that rapidly grow brand equity
2.) Sponsorship/Asset Management
- Identify, explore and develop winning media contents and property to Guinness Nigeria (GN) and Diageo Brands Nigeria (DBN) brands.
- Evaluation of sponsorship opportunities & ideas for amplification
- Optimization & leveraging of existing sponsorship platforms
- Sponsorship audit & evaluation
3.) Agency Management
- Responsible for ensuring campaign monitoring & tracking by independent monitoring Agency
- Manage Media budget with Media Agency to ensure that campaigns run within agreed budget and scope
- Ensure prompt payment by Agency to 3rd party ensuring that GN remains reputable in paying for services and a favored media partner
Barriers to Success in Role
Inability to understand and apply the necessary Diageo Way of Brand Building (DWBB) tools in implementation and execution of media initiatives.
Based in Nigeria but significant travel may be required due to nature of projects within and sometimes outside Nigeria.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Degree level qualification
- 8-10 years job experience in a strategic marketing function like media, advertising or brand management
- Understanding of media trends and insights driving change in media consumption habits and behaviors
- Ability to forecast and apply information and procedures to predict consumer behaviors
Application Closing Date
3rd January, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online