MTN Nigeria recruits to fill the position of a Financial Reporting Accountant. We are the leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Financial Reporting Accountant
Reporting To: Financial Reporting Manager
- Act as a point of contact with auditors
- Perform analytical review of the monthly income statement.
- Review data posted into the Operating Expenses accounts for accuracy and to ensure they impact the correct accounts.
- Raise manual journals to correct any error discovered during the review mentioned above.
- Review asset/liability accounts to ascertain their completeness, accuracy, valuation and existence
- Ensure accurate reporting of management fees
- Prepare financial statements for statutory purposes and internal reporting (MIS).
- Follow up and escalate issues from statutory audits.
- Identify and escalate needs from the ERP system.
- Monitor to ensure financial accounts are in compliance with Accounting standards (IAS, SAS, SA, IFRS) and GAAP
- Prepare, update and provide links to the trend analysis for actual data only (IS).
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Financial Reporting Manager.
- Preparation of exception report after month-end review.
Normal MTNN working conditions. Extended working hours. Immense pressure at month end. Preparation of statutory financial statements within specified timelines. Turnaround time for financial statements generation. Feedback from external auditors on state of financial records. Compliance with local and international GAAP.
- B.Sc. in Accounting or any other related discipline.
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA)
- 4 years finance and accounting experience which includes:
- Experience within a leading organisation’s financial department
- Experience in working with enterprise financial systems.
- Experience in telecommunications industry (desirable).
Application Closing Date
29th January, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online