Nokia Nigeria is recruiting for the position of a Lablet Manager. Nokia Research Center (NRC) is chartered with exploring new frontiers for mobility, solving scientific challenges to transform the converging Internet and communications industries. Our teams are strategically located worldwide to collaborate with leading universities and research institutes in the mode of Open Innovation. NRC has been exploring and developing mobile technologies for over 25 years. We have a variety of personal and technical backgrounds, but we are all researching topics related to the future of mobility in the merging physical and digital worlds. Read more of us at http://research.nokia.com/
On African continent NRC is present at selected regional hubs and NRC focuses on understanding the unique needs of the African mobile phone user and creates concepts and visions to fulfill these needs. NRC is working e.g. with University of Nairobi (Kenya) and University of Cape Town (South Africa) to solve the unique African language, cultural, educational and infrastructure challenges that can all be improved through mobile technologies.
We are now looking for a Lablet Manager in Lagos, Nigeria to build up NRC presence in this regional hub with universities and other collaborators.
Job Tile: Lablet Manager
You manage Nokia’s research collaboration with universities and other collaborators in Nigeria & larger Western Africa and link the research work into wider Nokia context
Main Responsibility Areas
1. Managing research projects that are done in collaboration with universities to ensure the collaboration provides Nokia relevant results
- Identification of Nokia relevant research topics with universities and selecting topics and students performing the research work with the academic staff
- Managing the student research work
- Linking the collaboration universities work to other Nokia’s research work in Africa and globally as well as Nokia’s business
- Assessing and developing the commercial potential of the research projects
- Planning the further deployment steps for the research results
2. Contributing into NRC’s research projects Africa wide & globally
You should have strong experience in mobile research in Western Africa and excellent communication and collaboration skills to be able to work with and network widely within the university and mobile community in Western Africa
An ideal candidate also has:
- 6-9 years research experience, preferably in mobile industry and related research.
- B.Sc degree in relevant field.
- Strong links to and knowledge of relevant local university ecosystem
- Strong drive & track record for innovation creation and transferring ideas into business
- Capability for creative problem solving in various fields, like technology & business planning
- Strong communication skills
Application Closing Date
15th January, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click here to apply online