Sigma Qualitas is a network of experienced consultants, recruits for the position of a Terminal Manager. We have many years work experience in large multinational organizations and the public sector, for the purpose of giving consultancy services and training to clients across many industries.
We are recruiting for the position of:
Job Title: Terminal Manager
This is an exciting job for a terminal manager to provide day to day management of the yard operations, security and stock control of materials, equipment at the depot and ensure that they are available for issue as required by work demands. The role will involve insuring that the depot complies with health, safety and environmental regulations as well as general housekeeping and maintenance.
Duties will involve
- Ensuring that the terminal is safe and secure 24/7 utilising the barrier system and CCTV whilst complying with Data Protection Act and all legal requirements
- Responsible for plant/transport movements in and out of the terminal ensuring all paperwork is collected
- Ensuring that vehicle and plant parking complies with requirements.
- Ensuring that all waste is properly managed and controlled and their disposal complies with waste regulations.
- Monitors and controls terminal inspections, including making arrangements for bi-annual inspections
- Undertakes equipment inspections and monthly inspection of breathing equipment and ensures records are maintained. Arranging repairs and servicing to this equipment, as required
- Undertakes inspections of fuel storage areas and hot boxes as required
- Identifies appropriate Framework Contracts for all materials and plant and communicates to Management Team, including Procurement.
- Key role in improving efficiency of working gangs
- Controls vehicle fleet and co-ordinates with administration team and key supplier
- Responsible for holding Operating License
- Basic Education should include: HND, BA, BEng, BSc, BTec Required
- Of advantage certified or associated to any of the following: ISO, OSHA (Occupational Health and Safety Administration), EPA (Environmental Protection Association) or NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operation Safety or equivalent preferred.
- Should have over 3 years work experience in Oil and Gas Industry of which prospective candidates should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the use of Processes REQUIRED.
- Should have a good concept of overall situation and the spirit of teamwork.
- Should have the following key soft skills; Good interpersonal, persuasion and communication skills, good team and leadership skills.
- In order to be considered for the role the likely candidate will have substantial experience of terminals and related projects and a sound understanding of HSE practices related to the day to day operations of the terminal.
- Being computer literate and a license holder (are of advantage).
Application Closing Date
1st February 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send CV and Application, including supporting document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Required with your submitted CV are the following:
- Your current earning information, which you must be able to back
- up with an offer letter or bank statement and your DOB.
- Kindly note that we need the subject matter of your response to contain the Job Title you are interested in, your contact details should contain active phone numbers and email addresses.
- Please note short listing is based on the requirements in the given job descriptions below such as; qualifications required, years of experience, technology and industry exposure.